Thursday, July 7, 2011

You Are On God’s Mind

You Are On God’s Mind

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1-9

Have you every received a phone call, a greeting card, a letter, a hug or a handshake from someone and they said to you, “I called because you were on my mind”. How did it make you feel? If you were discouraged did it encourage you? If you were down did it lift you up? If you were sad did it bring you joy? How did it make you feel to know that someone was thinking about you? How did it make you feel knowing that someone was concerned about your welfare and wellbeing?

As David looked toward the heavens he realizes that even the moon and stars, show the glory and power of the Father of lights, and furnish us with a reason for praise. David also realizes that these heavenly bodies are not only the creation of His divine power, but subject to His divine government. God not only made them, but was mindful of where He placed them in the heavenlies.

Now just as He was mindful of how He ordered the heavens. He is mindful of every detail of your life. He says in His word, “What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.And the very hairs on your head are all numbered” (Matthew 10:29, 30).

But why is God mindful of man? Why is God mindful of you? Why are you on God's mind? "Lord, what is man and who am I that” you should set the ordinances of heaven to benefit me, for my comfort in making the lights of heaven to direct my paths?" "Lord, what is man and who am I that thou art mindful of me” that you would be concerned with my actions and affairs, that in the making of the world you would have respect for me! Who am I, “that thou visitest me,” that you not only feed me and cloth me, protect me and provide for me, but visit me as one friend visits another, to talk with me and concern yourself for me!

But, God why are you mindful of me? Why am I on you mind? The answer to that question can be summed in these words: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

My friend, you have a Friend that sticks closer than a brother and will never leave you nor forsake you. Take a moment today to thank God for thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment