Monday, June 27, 2011

God promises David that He will propagate David's lineage forever.

1 Chronicles 17

God promises David that He will propagate David's lineage forever.
INSIGHT
David is described as a man after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14). It is difficult for us to accept that statement when David is guilty of lying, adultery, murder, and other indiscretions. However, to be a man after God's own heart means that David wants the same things God wants. His noble desires and intentions are overruled several times by his passions; but when David's senses are restored and he repents of his sin, again his heart beats after God's desires. We may not be as bad as David in his bad moments, but are we as good as David in his good moments? Do our hearts beat after God?
PRAYER
Offer your praise to the Lord that He is eager to bless our righteous acts:
Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Give to the Lord glory and strength.
Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him.
Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness! (1 Chronicles 16:28-29).

I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High (Psalm 7:17).

Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Have mercy upon me, O God,
According to Your lovingkindness;
According to the multitude of Your tender mercies,
Blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me (Psalm 51:1-3).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

Now pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
"For Yahweh, the Lord, is my strength and my song;
He also has become my salvation" (Isaiah 12:2).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
An increased eternal perspective
Your spiritual goals
Your activities for the day
Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Grace, mercy, and peace [be to you] from God the Father
and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior (Titus 1:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment