Monday, June 20, 2011

When the Syrians threaten Elisha, they are struck blind.

2 Kings 6

When the Syrians threaten Elisha, they are struck blind.
INSIGHT
We often have no idea what is going on around us in the spiritual realm. Spiritual battles explode before our very eyes, but we neither see them nor hear them (Daniel 10:13). Guardian angels minister to our needs (Hebrews 1:14). We entertain angels "unwittingly" (Hebrews 13:2). How real and alive is the spiritual realm; yet without the Scriptures, we would know little about it. The Syrian army is camped around Dothan, but Elisha is not concerned because an army of the angels of the Lord encircles the horizon. We walk by faith and not by sight.
PRAYER
Thank the Lord that He can turn our failures into successes, and offer Him your praise in this psalm:
I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies. . . .
The Lord lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted (Psalm 18:1-3, 46).

Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving.

Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Good and upright is the Lord;
Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way. . . .
For Your name's sake, O Lord,
Pardon my iniquity, for it is great (Psalm 25:8-9, 11).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

Now pray this affirmation to the Lord:
"I am the living bread which came down from heaven.
If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever;
and the bread that I shall give is My flesh,
which I shall give for the life of the world" (John 6:51).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
Greater wisdom in decision making
The needs of personal friends
Whatever else is on your heart
Finally, offer this closing prayer:
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and
the love of God, and the communion of
the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment