Sunday, April 17, 2011

Jesus teaches on truth.

John 8

Jesus teaches on truth.
INSIGHT
By nature, we want absolute freedom. But such freedom is not possible. In fact, no such thing as absolute freedom exists. To be free to sail the seven seas, we must make ourselves a slave to the compass. This subservience irritates us. All of life is a contrast between freedoms and corresponding bondages. We can be slaves to Jesus and free from the bondage of sin, or we can be free from Jesus and slaves to the bondage of sin. We can make ourselves slaves to truth, and the truth can set us free.
PRAYER
The heart that has been set free by truth can offer praise to the Lord of all truth:
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by. . . .
I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing to You among the nations.
For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens,
And Your truth unto the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth (Psalm 57:1, 9-11).

Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving.

Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
When I kept silent,
my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long. . .
I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,"
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin (Psalm 32:3, 5).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
Greater faithfulness with the finances God has entrusted you with
Revival to spread among American Christians
Your activities for the day
Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel . . . to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen (Romans 16:25, 27).

No comments:

Post a Comment