Sunday, April 10, 2011

John traces the deity of Christ from "the beginning."

John 1
John traces the deity of Christ from "the beginning."
INSIGHT
The Scriptures are such an intimate and personal revelation of the mind of God that there is no distance between the Word and God Himself. John writes: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). This verse refers to Jesus, and yet, He is called "the Word." In Revelation 19:13, John writes of Jesus: "He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God." To know the Word is to know God; to uphold the Word is to uphold God; to believe the Word is to believe God; and to obey the Word is to obey God.
PRAYER
The Word of the Lord is certain, and we praise Him for that trust:
I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies(Psalm 18:1-3).
Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving.
Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Indeed I have sinned against the Lord God of Israel,
and this is what I have done . . . (Joshua 7:20).
Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day (Psalm 25:4-5).
Confessing any sins the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).
As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
Greater faithfulness with the gifts and talents God has given you
Your state and local leaders and civic affairs
Your activities for the day
Whatever else is on your heart
Finally, offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul! (Psalm 103:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment