Monday, January 10, 2011

“Be…” (Part 1)

“Be…” (Part 1)

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)

We have started a new year. 2010 is gone, and 2011 is now upon us. This year the Lord has laid it on the heart of our Pastor to use as a theme “2011: The Year of the 5-Fold Blessing.” Originally when I read this scripture, I thought it meant that I would receive 5 blessings. After further study, I came to realize that it was really five blessings wrapped up in one. The five fold blessing is a blessing which contains five…count them five components. The scripture says “Be fruitful...” “multiply…” “replenish…, “subdue…“have dominion…. This is a well rounded blessing. It is like having a well rounded meal. A well rounded or nutritious meal contains the five…count them five basic food groups. The five basic food groups are: meat, bread/grain, vegetable, fruit, and dairy. As long as your meal contains these five components, you will grow up healthy.

In this 1st chapter of Genesis, God made the light, sky & water, land & seas, vegetation, sun, moon, stars, and said that it was “good.” Then God made man saw that His work was good. (Verses 1-25) God made man, in “His own image” and “likeness.” He created both male and female. (Verse 26-27) Whenever God created anything, He said it was “good”, but when He created man (male & female), He said it was “very good,” God caused something very good to come into existence. After God created man, it was then he spoke to man. He called man “them”. He blessed them, and the said to them: “Be…” The word “Be” simply means: exist. What was God saying? He was saying that He has created man to exist (be) fruitful, multiply, replenish, subdue, and have dominion.

This year, I want to have the five-fold blessing, because I want to grow up in the Lord…healthy! As you look ahead to this New Year, what is it you want to “Be”? To “Be” something means you want to exist in that thing!! You want to be living in a particular thing! You want to be present in a particular thing or place. The scripture says “Be fruitful…to be fruitful means to abide, breath, continue, endure, move, and remain in productivity. In 2010, I fell short of my goal. I did not exist in productivity. I prayed…I sought the Lord…I read His word, but still…I did not move in productivity. I have no resolution for 2011, instead I have decided that if God has told me that I must breath…exist in the five-fold blessing of Genesis 1:28, I will simply obey God.

My sister…my brother don’t spend time trying to figure it out what God wants you to be. Just simply “Be” what He declares in His word for you to be. “Be” ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord (1st Corinthians 15:58). “Be” ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22) And finally, “Sanctify yourselves therefore, and “Be” ye holy… (Leviticus 20:7). It is time to “Be…exist…be living in all that God has for you… “Be” fruitful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment