Sunday, January 16, 2011

“Be…” (Part 4)

“Be…” (Part 4)

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)

The fourth blessing within the blessing components that God spoke to man is to subdue. Subdue simply means to go after it with force. I heard somebody say that God had pre-vision, so He made provision. When God pronounced this 4th blessing, I want to believe that He knew there would come a day when the enemy would come in and steal from man, that which belonged to him. He knew that the enemy would use circumstances to steal your peace. He knew the enemy would use situations and people to steal your joy. So when He saw it coming (pre-vision), He said “Be.” God wants you to exist in going after what the enemy has taken. Apostle Paul said in Philippians chapter 3 verse 12 in the b clause: “…but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.” In other words Apostle Paul was saying that I am going after that which has been after me. What has been after you? Fruitfulness…multiplication…a time of replenish. All of these were blessings that were pronounced on my life. I am existing in the five-fold blessing of God!!

All this is mine because God promised. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him, Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” I do understand however, that the enemy is not trying give back what belongs to me. He is fighting hard to keep me from being fruitful and from multiplying. He doesn’t like the fact that there is a replenishing, or a refreshing in my life. He doesn’t want me to receive not one more thing, so we are having a tussle. I used to hear the old folks sing a phrase that said “me and the Devil, we had a tussle and I won. Me and the Devil we don’t agree, I hate the Devil and I know he hates me.”

“…Subdue it…” St. Matthew 11:12 says: “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” What is the it in your life? What is it that you need to subdue or go after with force? Is it your children…a new job…or even a new attitude? When reading this scripture in context in St Matthew 11:12, we find it to mean that to enter God’s kingdom takes courage. I dare to step further…receiving anything from God requires courage, unwavering faith, determination, and endurance, knowing that growing opposition is level at anyone who dares to follow Jesus.

If you are ever going to “Be” in the place to receive the five-fold blessing, it is going to require that you stand up to the enemy and tell him “no, he can’t have what belongs to you.” If it is to be, it is up to me! I will be fruitful, and multiply. I will replenish, and I will subdue…I will “Be…”

Send this message to a Friend, and go take charge of the day!


Be Blessed,
Pastor Rebecca Roman
Revival Time Internet Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment