Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It’s No Longer on Hold! (Part 1)

It’s No Longer on Hold! (Part 1)

21And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 22Son of man, what is that proverb that ye have in the land of Israel, saying, The days are prolonged, and every vision faileth? 23Tell them therefore, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will make this proverb to cease, and they shall no more use it as a proverb in Israel; but say unto them, The days are at hand, and the effect of every vision. 24For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination within the house of Israel. 25For I am the LORD: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass; it shall be no more prolonged: for in your days, O rebellious house, will I say the word, and will perform it, saith the Lord GOD. . (Ezekiel 12:21-25)

In this 12th chapter of Ezekiel, the prophet was dealing with the problem of true and false prophecy. The unbelievers, encouraged by the false prophets, were saying, “Look, we’ve heard all this before. Nothing happens; things are going on just the same as always.” Very well, the Lord says here, “Your wicked generation is the very one that shall indeed see every vision fulfilled, every prophecy vindicated, and all the predictions against the apostate nation happening just like the true prophets said.” This proverb that the prophet is referring to appears in the Hebrew and literally, as, “The days lengthen; the vision falls.” What a catchy proverb. In those days, even as today, a catchy proverb can be a very bad influence, if it is founded upon a falsehood.

As I sat on my bed one night, preparing to read scripture, my eyes fell on this 12th chapter of Ezekiel. I heard in my spirit…“I will hasten to perform my word!” I went to bed, woke up the next morning, and this time I heard the Lord say: “It’s not on hold anymore!” Again I went to the Word of God and this time the Lord spoke to me in Jeremiah chapter 5:11-14 “For the house of Israel and the house of Judah have dealt very treacherously against me, saith the LORD. They have belied the LORD, and said it is not he; neither shall evil come upon us; neither shall we see sword nor famine: And the prophets shall become wind, and the word is not in them: thus shall it be done unto them. Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them."

This is the very attitude in the churches of today. Some of us have heard that God is going to do this, and God is going to do that, but nothing has happened yet. We have heard that Jesus is coming for so long (I have heard this since I was a little girl), that this generations echoes the attitude of 2nd Peter 3:3-4 that, “In the last days, mockers shall come with mockery, walking after their own lusts, and saying, where is the promise of his coming? For from the day the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation”, we simply don’t believe the prophecy! Let me encourage the heart of every believer, and let me give warning to those who echo…If God spoke it, you can take it to the bank, because this time it will come to pass because “Its no longer on hold!”

No comments:

Post a Comment