Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The plagues against Pharaoh and Egypt begin.

The plagues against Pharaoh and Egypt begin.
INSIGHT
In this chapter, as the Lord speaks to Moses, we read the remarkable words, "See, I have made you as God to Pharaoh" (Exodus 7:1). To the world, God's children often stand in the place of God. We are the only Bible they will read-all of Jesus they will see. It is vital that we represent the Lord accurately. Of course, no mortal man can do so in any complete sense, but in a representative sense we must. It does not mean we must be perfect, but it does mean we are to give those around us a glimpse of who Jesus really is. Jesus said, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). Commit yourself to Christlikeness and believe that the Lord will multiply your life as others see Him in you.
PRAYER
As you continue your time with the Lord, offer to Him this psalm of humble praise:
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us,
But to Your name give glory,
Because of Your mercy,
And because of Your truth.
Why should the Gentiles say,
"Where now is their God?" (Psalm 115:1).

Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is greatly troubled;
But You, O Lord-how long? (Psalm 6:1-3).

As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word by reflecting on Jesus' words:
"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;
neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand" (John 10:27-28).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
Others to see Christ in you
The Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His harvest
Your prayer list
Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works (Psalm 73:28).

No comments:

Post a Comment