Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jesus teaches on the Beatitudes.

Matthew 5

Jesus teaches on the Beatitudes.
INSIGHT
Love is the fundamental factor of all meaningful relationships. Love is an action-the action of selflessness, of esteeming others above ourselves. All interpersonal problems could be solved with a faithful, mutual expression of love. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone acted in love. No war. No divorce. No AIDS. No murder. No rape. No tears. Though Jesus knew that sin presently prevents perfect love, He held believers to a high standard of showing His love in this world: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16).
PRAYER
Offer your praise to the Lord who loves us in spite of our sin:
I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech.
Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
You who save those who trust in You From those who rise up against them.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings (Psalm 17:6-8).

As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
He who does not backbite with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend (Psalm 15:1-3).

Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
But You demonstrate Your own love toward me,
in that while I was still a sinner,
Christ died for me (based on Romans 5:8).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
Greater gratitude for your salvation
A return to righteousness in this nation
Your activities for the day
Whatever else is on your heart
Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Let the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment