Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesus tells the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Luke 10

Jesus tells the parable of the Good Samaritan.
INSIGHT
The harsh reality of life is that we cannot help everyone in need. From the parable of the Good Samaritan, we can learn several things which help us evaluate when we should help. We are obligated to assist a person in need when he or she comes across our path in the normal course of life; he or she has a legitimate need, not of his or her own making; he or she cannot help himself or herself; and we have the ability to meet the need.
PRAYER
We praise the Lord because He is faithful to bring us to spiritual maturity:
O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory (Psalm 63:1-2).

Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones which You have broken may rejoice.
Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities(Psalm 51:7-9).

As you consider God's mercy, confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation
or shadow of turning (James 1:17).

As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
Spiritual victory over the temptation you face
Reformation in America and the world at large
Your activities for the day
Whatever else is on your heart
Offer these closing prayers to the Lord:
Oh, satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days! (Psalm 90:14).

No comments:

Post a Comment