Monday, March 28, 2011

The Lord Will Give You A Song

The Lord Will Give You A Song
"How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?" Psalm 137:4
Interesting question… How can I sing when my world is falling apart? How can I praise God when my circumstances are not praiseworthy? How can I be joyful when darkness and sorrow are all around me? Well my beloved sister, my highly favored brother, in the darkest of nights… The Lord Will Give You A Song!
But you’re not singing for your haters or backstabbers – you are not praising God for your condition, but you praise God for your conclusion. This type of praise comes through the realization that your current situation is temporary, but the glory of God yet to be revealed in your life is eternal! Shirley Caesar sang a song with the words: This joy I have the world didn't give it to me, the world didn't give it the world can't take it away! When the Lord gives you a song you must sing it to His glory, honor, and praise!
One of the most interesting things I found about the story of Job is when it was written. Job actually lived during the time of the early Hebrew patriarchs. Many believe Job lived around 2000 BC, before Israel even became a nation, but some commentators and scholars believe the book of Job (it’s actually written in the form of a historical poem) was written during the time of Israel’s Babylonian captivity, some 1,500 years later.
Certainly the message of God's sovereignty and omnipotence, and Job’s eventual restoration must have been comforting to the exiles. God is good! It’s during the darkest seasons of your life that God will allow you to hear the testimony of someone who made it through the same or similar struggle that you’re going through. He’ll send you a Word of encouragement, a song of praise and deliverance, a smile, a hug, text message, email, something to let you know that weeping may endure for a night, but joy is coming in the morning (Psalm 30:5)! There’s no secret what God can do, if He’s done it for others then He’ll surely do it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment