Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pesach, Food and Customs

Pesach, Food and Customs
Tina Wasserman

It is my custom to shop for Passover goods late at night. In the day time I can add an extra hour to my shopping excursion because of the constant interruptions from fellow shoppers with burning Passover cooking questions. I love to help but my attention is already easily diverted from my own shopping just looking at the myriad manufactured permutations of common foods to conform to the laws of Passover. I have thought about the questions I am frequently asked in those supermarket aisles so here are my thoughts on the culinary “four Questions” that I am often queried. My first two answers were bolstered by the responsum found in Reform Responsa for the Twenty-First Century (NY: CCAR, 2010), vol. 1, pp. 65-76 edited by Rabbi Mark Washofsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment