Monday, September 12, 2011

If You Don’t Rest, God Can’t Bless

If You Don’t Rest, God Can’t Bless

“It is vain for you to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil--for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.” Psalm 127:2 Amplified

     My summary of Psalm 127:1-3 would include the following statements: The work of builders is wasted unless they are working in coordination with the will of God, by the strength of God. All work done to secure a city (families, commerce, worship, education, etc.) is useless unless done through the guidance of the Lord. Over-exerting oneself is in vain; it’s just done in anxiety – trust the Lord and rest. Once you release the burden and frustration you’ll see results! Productivity and prosperity are a gift from the Lord!

     Sometimes I’ll become fascinated by one particular element of nature. It seems as though my attention is drawn to God’s creation and I’ll notice that particular element repeatedly over a span of time. And every time I notice it, I worship God for the beauty that He created. Recently I became fascinated with birds. They may gather food and bathe on land, but most birds are truly at home in the air. Whenever they want to escape humans, snakes, and other pests, they simply take flight to avoid the hassle. Flying provides a refuge from most of their enemies.

     Whenever we truly want to cease our toil, anxiety, and constant quarrelling with the enemy, we can simply take it to the next level! Psalm 91:1-2 (NLT) “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.” Make every effort to enter into God’s rest. Because it’s only when we rest (in faith) that we truly receive the blessings of peace, joy, contentment, wholeness, healing, prosperity, wisdom, guidance, forgiveness, and all the other riches of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment