Friday, September 2, 2011

P. S. (Paul Said) I Love You

P. S. (Paul Said) I Love You

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity - First Corinthians 13:13 

Apostle Paul starts the 13th chapter of 1st Corinthians in verses 1 through 3 letting us that the absence of love when exercising spiritual gifts, renders or gives the decision that they are worthless or pointless. Verse one says "though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."My understanding here is that when we don't operate in love though we can speak fluently, powerfully to men in words that seem to flow from the seventh heaven, it is as if all we are doing is making sound, but playing no real music. The message bible puts it this way; if I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

In verse 2 he continues, "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."Even If we speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if we have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but we don't love, we become nothing. I have heard people say "wow, he/she can really preach," meaning they can really bring forth a word, but if that is not coupled with love, then we become nothing. To borrow a statement from one of my fellow comrades in the gospel, "we become less than nothing."

Verse 3 says; "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.Everybody is into feeding the homeless. With the economy the way it is, it requires every hand to help, but Apostle Paul was saying that even if we give everything to the poor, feeding the homeless, going to the shelters, and suffer for a cause, if we don't do it in love, it profits us nothing. No matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

I remember a time a time when I would make great sacrifices to God. I would go to church every time the church door was open, work in the church, totally obey my pastor, but get home, and not show my husband real love. He was a sinner, and I thought that as long as I moved in the anointing and prayed for him, God would break that yoke in his life so that he could be saved. Little did I know it took more than that; it would take me understanding 1st Corinthians chapter 13, where Paul Said; I love you. I had to love him according to the way Apostle Paul said it in this chapter. It took me showing him love for him to change. Yes I would take time to speak the word of God to him, but I still put my position, my job, my anointing above him. So when I would speak a word, he would hear, but the sound was not distinct enough to bring change. If we want to see real change in the lives of our loved ones, we must show real love, making it loud and clear! P. S., I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment